- There are two common driver license restrictions: alcohol-restricted driver and ignition interlock restricted driver.
- Alcohol-restricted drivers cannot drive with ANY measurable amount of alcohol in their system, or they get charged with a misdemeanor offense separate from DUI.
- Minors are automatically alcohol restricted due to their age.
- An ignition interlock device prevents a car from starting if you blow into it and it detects alcohol.
- Expensive ignition interlock can be required even on a first offense DUI in Utah.