Minors and Alcohol in Utah
Watch these videos to learn more about how we can defend your Utah criminal charges:
A person under the age of 21 years old who possesses, consumes, buys or tries to buy alcohol (even by asking somebody else to buy it), or who has any measurable amount of alcohol in his or her blood, breath or urine is committing a crime under Utah law (a couple of exceptions are when the person is consuming alcohol for very specific religious or medical reasons).
- Minor in possession of alcohol (also called “unlawful purchase, possession, or consumption of alcohol by a minor”)
- Minor in consumption of alcohol
- Underage purchase of alcohol
- False identification for obtaining alcohol
- Furnishing alcohol to minors
- Child endangerment law violations
- academic probation,
- exclusion from school-related functions or events,
- expulsion from academic and sports teams,
- and even expulsion from the institution
Loss of Driving Privileges
To illustrate how stark this difference is, consider this: A 21 year old can drive a car, cause an accident, get a DUI, and blow a breath alcohol level of .25 and only have their license suspended for 120 days—while a 20 year old (just one year younger) who has two beers sitting at a friend’s house nowhere near a vehicle can have his or her driver license suspended for 1 to 2 years!
Read about how Jason Schatz helped one client with her minor in possession charge.
Watch this video wherein Attorney Jason Schatz talks about driver license consequences for underage drinkers.
Painful Introduction to Utah's Legal System
For a lot of parents, a child’s underage drinking charge is their first introduction to the legal system, and it can be quite daunting. We understand how overwhelming your position can be, and so we promise to help you understand the legal situation your family finds itself in. We will work hard to represent your son or daughter and get him or her the best outcome we can in Utah’s court system.
Let's get started crafting your defense!
We have a fully staffed knowledgeable, experienced legal team ready to help you