- Many crimes can be considered domestic violence crimes.
- DV conviction has many penalties as well as a negative public stigma.
- You can avoid a DV conviction by taking a case to trial or entering into a plea in abeyance agreement.
- Since DV doesn’t usually have other witnesses, the determining factor comes down to credibility of the parties.
- Anger management courses, substance abuse counselling, and/or community service may be required by the court.
- You can expunge DV convictions anywhere from 3 years to 7 years after probation.